Pages

23 January 2015

Christmas Gifts!




Do I know its no longer Christmas? Yes, yes I do. Don't worry.

But as I do every year and as I have mentioned, I have just gotta show you my craftiness at Christmas time!

So this was an eventful December. Not only was I working through the holiday period for some of that extra dosh, I was crafting these beauties for my friends and family. (as well as continuing my personal projects, few!)

Not only was all of this going on, but my buddie ol' pal who is just in her last year of teaching in Kenya was coming home for Christmas. Now, her theme tune is driving home for Christmas, and it couldnt have been more appropriate!

So I will start with Aimees present first.


I bought the frame of the owl from Tiger. Tiger is amazing. If you don't know of this wonderful store yet, get to know it. Especially if your into crafting.  Not only is it reasonable prices but it contains all of the stuff you never knew you needed. And then more. And they regularly update the stock, which is a bonus. Think f it as a Woolworth's with more hipster in its DNA. 
(ahh, i miss Woolworths) 

I also made a few mugs again this year. They went down a treat last Christmas and I still have a few people that I hadn't given mugs to the previous year. 

Designed after the image of my friend in a similar
style to one of my own mugs painted year in the year. 
























I also painted this little figurine inspired by Sante Maria.




And I burned the lid of this pot, engraved with the surname of my friend and filled the inside with home made lavender bags. Really does smell delish' when take off the lid.


If your curious at how I made the bags, it was really quite simple. 

  1. All you have to do is cut off the flowers from any strong smelling lavender bush, pop them onto a tray an leave them to dry. NOTE: the earlier the bud the stronger the amount of oil in the flower. 
  2. Once dry, rub off the flowers into a container, then with your desired amount of lavender mix in granulated sea salt. This holds in the smell.
  3. Mix then place into desired container or bag. Vola! Simple eh? 


Well I thoroughly enjoyed Christmas this year. After all my prezzies were made I indulged in a sizeable amount of mould wine. I do love that stuff.  I leave you with a few random pictures and collages of my Christmas festivities. 

Enjoy until next year! 


Channa!
x





No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something interesting...

BLOG DESIGN BY KOTRYNA BASS DESIGN